Join us for America's Grassland Conference: United for Conservation
Fort Worth, Nov. 14th -16th
CPP has partnered with the Native Prairie Assocation of Texas and Texas A&M Agrilife Extension to help bring the National Wildlife Federation's America's Grassland Conference to Texas this year. The conference will feature an incredible lineup of speakers, panels, roundtable discussions, posters, and more, including:
- A keynote by Robert Potts, President & CEO of the Dixon Water Foundation.
- Updates on the latest research on grassland conversion by researcher Tyler Lark.
- Perspectives from numerous ranchers and producers, including Jerry Doan, Jerome Scharr, Tracy Rosenberg, and many more.
- Presentations and discussions on human dimensions of grassland conservation, grassland-dependent birds and pollinators, challenges and opportunities of grass-based livelihoods, the upcoming 2018 Farm Bill, among many other great topics.
- An opening reception at the wonderful Botanical Research Institute of Texas and an outdoor BBQ at the amazing Fort Worth Nature Center.
· Registration for the conference is $300.
· The deadline to reserve a room at the group “NWF” rate at the Hilton Fort Worth is October 27th.
· Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to offer assistance for registration costs and potentially for travel to ranchers and producers who want to attend the conference. To learn more, email Lekha Knuffman at KnuffmanL@nwf.org.